Alright, so I told you all that I would go into further detail about my reasonings for my choices on my bucket list, so here they are, in sequential order.
1.(Be in two places at once) I’ve always thought that it would be an amazing feat to be in two places at once, or even to be two different people. I know it’s a little lame, and definitely from a scene in A Walk to Remember, but I still can’t shake the fact that they found a way to actually be in two different places at once! Call me cliche’ but, I love that.
2. (Dance at the Super Bowl) This comes from my deep passion of dancing. Ever since I was a little kid I was always doing one of two things…singing, or dancing. I proceeded to grow up to teach 3 dance classes, and attend 10 at the same time. I always had dreams of being in the American Ballet Company, but their requirement were always far more than I think I am capable of. I still haven’t given up that dream, so maybe one day. But for now, I will go with dancing in front of millions of people, right smack dab in the middle of the field at the Super Bowl!
3. (Do the Polar Plunge) This one might just come from sheer craziness. In fact, it indeed comes from sheer craziness, I mean, who the heck wants to go running straight into the freezing water at their own free will? I do! So by God I’m gonna do it.
4. (watch the ball drop in N.Y.C) Well you’re just un-American if you don’t want to go see one of the most amazing things ever. Bringing the new year in with thousands of people, celebrating together. Who would want to miss that?
5. (Witness a miracle) We all need to believe in something, right? No matter what you believe in witnessing a miracle would be, well, miraculous. Whether it give you hope, faith, or just bring you closer together with someone. It could truly be a site to withhold.
6. (Parasail) I am deathly afraid of heights, so I actually might be able to knock two things off of my list if I actually get the nerve to get up there and do it. I feel like experiencing that would be one of the most amazing things ever. To feel so free, and to get the birds-eye view of the world (or a short bit of it at least)
7. (try out for the voice) A re-cap on #2 when I said I sang and dance when I was little. I was ranked 5th out of my whole state when I was still in highschool. I’ve always wanted to do something with my voice, but I’ve never been gutsy enough to actually go do something about it. So maybe this could be my big break.
8. (Befriend someone I don’t like) Well, I think that we all need to get rid of the hate in our hearts. I’m not saying that it could happen over night, but I believe with time you could actually grow to love someone you had previously dis-liked. Everyone has their own story, and you won’t know it until you actually get in there and talk to them. So make today the day that you learn someone’s story.
9. (help out a stranger) This could also tie in to the one selfless thing a day thing, but I thoroughly believe in Karma, and the fact that you should “pay it forward”. If there comes a time in my life when someone needs my help, just right off of the street, i’ll do my best to help them.
10. (start and finish the 100 day challenge) It’s a photo challenge that I’ve started a million times, and quit a million and one. You post a different picture ever day of different things (i.e. your favorite place in the world) and you do it every day for 100 days.
11.(learn to surf) I’ve always wanted to surf. I have lived near the beach my whole life up to this point and I never learned. How crazy is that? Unfortunately, I have the balance and coordination of a toddler, so this might take some time.
12. (learn to longboard) Also something I have always wanted to do, but never could due to the balance of a toddler thing. I mean come on guys, I’ve never even learned to roller blade.
13. (do something that I’m afraid of) There comes a time in every persons life that they need to just put on their big girl panties and deal with it, face their fears head on. Something exhilerating could be waiting for me, and I won’t do it because I’m a little chicken. For example, skydiving. I bet it’s the most wonderful feeling in the world, but you’re completely wrong if you think I’m jumping out of a plane on my own free will. However, it might be just the thing I need. Although, that whole stomach coming out of my mouth free fall feeling is not a pleasant one.
14. (quit smoking) Yes, yes, yes. I know. I’m a sucker for the beast. I smoke almost half a pack a day, but I feel if I have to right motivation and start trying to quit for myself, then I will be much more productive in my attempts. Perhaps, even victorious?
15. (dance on broadway) Helllloooooo, Rockettes?
16. (make a difference in someone’s life) I’ve always figured that if I can make a difference in someone’s life, make it better somehow, be something great for them, then I, my friends, have succeeded.
17. (meet a celebrity) Come on, who wouldn’t go all crazy over meeting Channing Tatum? Or Rachel McAdams for that matter(:
18. (Read every book on the College Bound Reading List) For the simple fact that I have a hard time starting and finishing tasks, I figure if I can finish this one, then the 100 day challenge will be a breeze! You can find the list at http://als.lib.wi.us/Collegebound.html. It has everything from American Literature to Social Sciences.
19. (Do atleast one selfless thing a day) I like the whole idea of being selfless, it also has to do with good karma. I like to help people out as much as possible.
20. (see the great wonders of the world) I’ve never been on a vacation. I’ve never even been out of my home state until now. Therefore, I’ve always wanted to travel. Then again, who hasn’t? This is where the whole money thing comes into play. One day, my friends!
21. (be fluent in another language) I’ve wanted to learn German, French, Italian, etc. I started learning French, but in the end I never had time to stick with it. So this again counts on the things I start and never finish cycle. Maybe one day though.
And that’s about it for now guys. Have a wonderful day ladies and gents!